Exhibition of our Featured Artist Jenny Steer (Photographer)
On Display In The Gallery
My background is in Graphic Design with a BA in French and Fine Art at the University of Exeter. NCTJ (National Council for Training of Journalists). Working as a freelance press photographer I have been published in The Times, Daily Express, The Mirror amongst other national and local magazines & publications.
I undertake press and PR work and shoot a limited number of weddings a year as an international award-winning photographer.
My passion is nature and animals. I love photographing all aspects of animal life and the environment. My art background definitely influences the way I see and capture images. I love the quirky and unusual. I find that when I have a camera in my hand things just happen! I try not to prejudge or preplan a photo shoot. Instead I allow events to unfold in a photojournalistic style – to tell a story. The ‘Day in the life” photographic essays will attempt to show the love between humans and non-humans.
I am currently working on a personal photographic project which is about my love and passion for Gulls.
South Gate Gallery
- We have a wide and affordable selection of Original, Limited and Open Edition artwork for sale in the gallery and here on the website.
- We focus on exhibiting Local Artists' work, you can find out about the artists and their work HERE.
- If you are looking for something specific such as scenes of Exeter or Dartmoor we have created Galleries to help you, click HERE for a full list and to access them.
- Pieces of work can be purchased in the shop with Card, Cash or Cheque. (We do not accept Amex)
- You can purchase our artwork online via PayPal, either with an account or by Debit or Credit card. They will be packaged and delivered to you free of charge.
Framing and Services
- We offer a wide range of bespoke picture framing options including Box Frames, Canvas Stretching, Multi-Aperture Mounts and Memorabilia Framing. Please click HERE for more information.
- We also offer other related services, including Picture Hanging, for details on these click HERE.
- Please leave us a review following use of our services at GOOGLE or FACEBOOK . You can also follow these links to see what others have to say about us.
- The shop is currently closed to customers for the lockdown. However, Stephen will still be busy in the workshop and available to discuss new and existing jobs over the phone and by e-mail.
- Drop-off and collection service via prior arrangement.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10am - 5pm
- We can be found just south of the Cathedral at 64 South Street. There are a few on street parking spaces right outside our shop and the closest car parks are Magdalen Street and the Cathedral & Quay multi-story. For a link to Google Maps or to contact us click HERE.
- We will allow up to two people or one household into the shop at a time.
- We ask that upon entering the gallery you use the hand sanitiser provided.
- All frame and mount board samples are behind a safety screen, Artwork can be slid onto a counter and then we will be able to discuss and show you framing options.
- Disposable gloves are available to use when looking through the browsers.