South Gate Gallery
- Tuesday to Friday 10am - 5pm
- Saturday 10am - 3pm
- We will be closed on Tuesday 18th Aug
- We can be found just south of the Cathedral at 64 South Street. There are a few on street parking spaces right outside our shop and the closest car parks are Magdalen Street and the Cathedral & Quay multi-story. For a link to Google Maps or to contact us click HERE.
- We will allow up to two people or one household into the shop at a time.
- We ask that upon entering the gallery you use the hand sanitiser provided.
- All frame and mount board samples are behind a safety screen, Artwork can be slid onto a counter and then we will be able to discuss and show you framing options.
- Disposable gloves are available to use when looking through the browsers.
- We have a wide and affordable selection of Original, Limited and Open Edition artwork for sale in the gallery and here on the website.
- We focus on exhibiting Local Artists' work, you can find out about the artists and their work HERE.
- If you are looking for something specific such as scenes of Exeter or Dartmoor we have created Galleries to help you, click HERE for a full list and to access them.
- Pieces of work can be purchased in the shop with Card, Cash or Cheque. (We do not accept Amex)
- You can purchase our artwork online via PayPal, either with an account or by Debit or Credit card. They will be packaged and delivered to you free of charge.
Framing and Services
- We offer a wide range of bespoke picture framing options including Box Frames, Canvas Stretching, Multi-Aperture Mounts and Memorabilia Framing. Please click HERE for more information.
- We also offer other related services, including Picture Hanging, for details on these click HERE.
Featured Artist is Roger Bigg
"From an early age Roger drew and painted. He studied Fine Art at Rochester College of Art and Folkstone School of Art. Changing focus, Roger went to Canterbury College of Art and Design, to specialise in Graphic Design.
Roger freelanced in the 60s and 70s creating posters and record sleeves, many of which have recently been sold at auction. He went on to become an Executive Creative Director working internationally in the advertising field.
His commercial works have been selected on numerous occasions, including the prestigious London International Advertising Awards.
In 2012 Roger picked up the brush once again, and finally retired from the advertising world after 50 successful years. He lives locally but mostly sells in the USA. We are the only gallery to display his work in the UK."