Featured Artist is Lisa Long
"I am a self-taught artist based in a small village in Devon. Being born, bred and lived all of my life in Devon with its beautiful coast and countryside, I have never had desires to leave.
I am blessed with three young children and my days consist of taking care of them, long walks with my dogs along the River Culm and creating new art pieces.
I work with watercolours to create my paintings, enjoying the fluidity of this medium along with the fine detail that can be achieved.
My subject theme presents country animals both wild and farmed. My art works depict my version of creatures great and small. Initially I began painting farmed animals in a bid to get my audience to connect to these beautiful beings; to show their beauty, their innocence and their souls. Every being is precious.
In the last year I have focused more on wild animals. I am fortunate to be able to live in the countryside, which influences my choice of subject. Having an insight into their charm makes all the difference when I paint."
South Gate Gallery
- We have a wide and affordable selection of Original, Limited and Open Edition artwork for sale in the gallery and here on the website.
- We focus on exhibiting Local Artists' work, you can find out about the artists and their work HERE.
- If you are looking for something specific such as scenes of Exeter or Dartmoor we have created Galleries to help you, click HERE for a full list and to access them.
- Pieces of work can be purchased in the shop with Card, Cash or Cheque. (We do not accept Amex)
- You can purchase our artwork online via PayPal, either with an account or by Debit or Credit card. They will be packaged and delivered to you free of charge.
Framing and Services
- We offer a wide range of bespoke picture framing options including Box Frames, Canvas Stretching, Multi-Aperture Mounts and Memorabilia Framing. Please click HERE for more information.
- We also offer other related services, including Picture Hanging, for details on these click HERE.
- Please leave us a review following use of our services at GOOGLE or FACEBOOK . You can also follow these links to see what others have to say about us.
- The shop is currently closed to customers for the lockdown. However, Stephen will still be busy in the workshop and available to discuss new and existing jobs over the phone and by e-mail.
- Tuesday to Friday 10am - 5pm
- Saturday 10am - 3pm
- We can be found just south of the Cathedral at 64 South Street. There are a few on street parking spaces right outside our shop and the closest car parks are Magdalen Street and the Cathedral & Quay multi-story. For a link to Google Maps or to contact us click HERE.
- We will allow up to two people or one household into the shop at a time.
- We ask that upon entering the gallery you use the hand sanitiser provided.
- All frame and mount board samples are behind a safety screen, Artwork can be slid onto a counter and then we will be able to discuss and show you framing options.
- Disposable gloves are available to use when looking through the browsers.